There has been a renewed interest in Absinthe liquor about the world within the last decade since Absinthe's legalization in several countries. Absinthe, also referred to as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, just has been legal in the USA since 2007, and only certain brands can be sold, so there's much absinthe-spoons.com curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What Exactly is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit which has been made for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It became popular in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries and also overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is usually made from a wine base and is particularly flavored with herbs. Its principal herbal ingredients are common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), that gives Absinthe its name as well as its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs used in the production of Absinthe consist of hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are numerous varieties of Absinthe liquor:-
- Verte - This can be the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and used by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
- La Blueu - Also referred to as La Blanche. This is usually a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
- Czech Style Absinth - Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term is the term for "Absinths" that are actually wormwood bitters and don't provide an anise flavor.
- Absenta - Spanish Absinthe which has a sweeter flavor since it is constructed with Alicante Anise.
- Rouge or Rose Absinthe - This Absinthe has a naturally red colorization as a result of additional ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many kinds and styles of Absinthe online - conventional styles and modern classics which are based on vintage Absinthes but have a very modern twist.
As well as buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, you may also create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences on the Absinthe industry and to consumers. They make 4 different essences - a vintage green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a strong essence that makes an Absinthe with a stronger bitter wormwood flavor, and an orange distinctive flavored essence which is flavored with orange oil and constitutes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All of the essences are made using top-quality herbs and are also distilled so you do not have to worry about distilling, simply make an online purchase and then mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana just like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is a very strong alcoholic beverage, approximately 75% alcohol by volume, and is also much superior than whisky or vodka. Care should be taken when consuming such a strong spirit especially if it is being blended with other strong spirits in cocktails - it is extremely easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are various myths, legends, lies and falsehoods - it features a very colorful and fascinating history and is a lovely beverage to savor.