There has been a renewed curiosity about Absinthe liquor regarding the world during the last decade since Absinthe's legalization in numerous countries. Absinthe, also called www.absinthe-liquor.com the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, merely has been legal in the United States since 2007, and only certain brands may be sold, so there is much curiosity about the liquor in the US.
What on Earth is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is actually a distilled anise flavored spirit which was made for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It has become popular in Switzerland and France during the 19th and early 20th centuries as well as overtook wine in reputation in France.
Absinthe is generally created from a wine base and is particularly flavored with herbs. Its main herbal ingredients are typical wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which gives Absinthe its name and its particular bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs employed in the production of Absinthe contain hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are many different kinds of Absinthe liquor:-
- Verte - This can be the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe well-liked by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and consumed by artists and writers including Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
- La Blueu - Also known as La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear during the ban.
- Czech Style Absinth - Some Czech Absinthes are standard Absinthes but this term describes "Absinths" that are actually wormwood bitters and do not come with an anise flavor.
- Absenta - Spanish Absinthe which has a sweeter flavor because it is constructed with Alicante Anise.
- Rouge or Rose Absinthe - This Absinthe carries a naturally red color because of the added ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can get many different types and styles of Absinthe online - traditional styles and modern classics which are based on vintage Absinthes but have a very modern twist.
As well as buying these various kinds of Absinthe beverages, you may also design your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences into the Absinthe industry and also to consumers. They create 4 different essences - a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a substantial essence which makes an Absinthe with a more powerful bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavored essence that is flavored with orange oil and constitutes a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All of the essences are made using top-quality herbs and so are distilled so you don't have to concern yourself with distilling, simply order online then mix with vodka or Everclear for your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana just like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons like the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is an extremely strong liquor, as much as 75% alcohol by volume, and is particularly much superior than whisky or vodka. Care should be taken when taking in such a strong spirit particularly if it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails - it is very very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are various myths, legends, lies and falsehoods - it features a very colorful and intriguing background and is a attractive beverage to savor.