There has been a renewed curiosity about Absinthe liquor regarding the world during the last decade since Absinthe's legalization in numerous countries. Absinthe, also known as the Green Fairy or La Fee Verte, just has been legal in the USA since 2007, and only certain brands can be sold, so there is much fascination with the liquor in the US.
What is Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which was made for medicinal purposes being an elixir or tonic by way of the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland absinthe sold in usa. It shot to popularity in Switzerland and France within the 19th and early 20th centuries and even overtook wine in recognition in France.
Absinthe is normally made from a wine base and it's flavored with herbs. Its primary herbal ingredients are typical wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which gives Absinthe its name as well as its bitter taste, aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs used in the production of Absinthe consist of hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are various forms of Absinthe liquor:-
- Verte - This is actually the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe popular with the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and used by artists and writers like Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
- La Blueu - Also referred to as La Blanche. This is usually a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was clear in the ban.
- Czech Style Absinth - Some Czech Absinthes are common Absinthes but this term describes "Absinths" which are actually wormwood bitters and don't come with an anise flavor.
- Absenta - Spanish Absinthe which has a sweeter flavor because it is made out of Alicante Anise.
- Rouge or Rose Absinthe - This Absinthe includes a naturally red colorization as a result of additional ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can get many differing kinds and fashions of Absinthe online - classic styles and modern classics that happen to be based upon vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
In addition to buying these various kinds of Absinthe beverages, it's also possible to create your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.com supply essences to the Absinthe industry as well as consumers. They create 4 different essences - a classic green Absinthe essence, a clear Absinthe essence, a substantial essence that produces an Absinthe with a more powerful bitter wormwood flavor, plus an orange flavored essence that's flavored with orange oil and produces a lovely orange-yellow colored Absinthe. All the essences are made using top-quality herbs and are also distilled so you need not worry about distilling, simply use the internet then mix with vodka or Everclear on your own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.com also sell Absinthiana like replicas of famous Absinthe glasses and spoons such as the Eiffel Tower spoon.
Absinthe is definitely a strong alcoholic beverage, up to 75% alcohol by volume, and is also stronger than whisky or vodka website. Care must be taken when ingesting such a strong spirit especially if it is being mixed with other strong spirits in cocktails - it is very very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
There are hardly any drinks like Absinthe liquor about which there are many myths, legends, lies and falsehoods - it comes with a very colorful and fascinating past and is a beautiful beverage to relish.