Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first genuine wormwood that contains Absinthe to become legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are
needing to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was created by distiller Ted Breaux as well as Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, which are designed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other classic Absinthe herbs. Additional information can be found at drinklucid.com but here are some facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
- It obtains its green color from whole herbs and not unnatural colors.
- It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise as well as other classic Absinthe herbs.
- It was created by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his knowledge of traditional Absinthe making strategies to make this historically precise vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
- Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe contained vast amounts of thujone - tests on vintage bottles indicated that they would all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
- Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
- It is distilled in Saumur in France.
- Lucid has a very exclusive black bottle with green cat's eyes motivated by a Montmartre cabaret show "Le Chat Noir" from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In accordance with the Lucid website it can be bought across the United States so you must be able to buy it from your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also has a web shop where you could order Lucid apparel.
Lucid is not the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America - a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have been legalized.
Yet another excellent means of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free global shipping. There exists a handling fee for the first item but handling and shipping costs nothing for additional products ordered.
The essences coming from AbsintheKit.com are created from an alcohol base which is distilled with top-quality herbs for instance wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits containing 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are available costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits generate 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really are a good buy. Merely mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you've got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is known.
Essences are a great option to looking for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are also fun to utilize too.