Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first true wormwood made up of Absinthe to be legalized in the US ever since the ban in 1912 so many people are desperate to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux as well as Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. As opposed to other fake Absinthes, that had been developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium) and other standard wheretopurchaseabsinthe Absinthe herbs. More details can be found at drinklucid.com but here are several details of Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
- It gets its green color from whole herbs and not synthetic colors.
- It contains wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise along with other classic Absinthe herbs.
- It was manufactured by Ted Breaux, a respected Absinthe distiller, who used his understanding of traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which complies with US regulations.
- Lucid contains a full measure of grande wormwood the same as pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe comprised vast amounts of thujone - tests on vintage bottles showed that they'd all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
- Lucid consists of 62% alcohol by volume.
- It is actually distilled in Saumur in France.
- Lucid has a very distinctive black bottle with green cat's eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show "Le Chat Noir" from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
In accordance with the Lucid website it could be bought across the United States this means you must be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists just like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, as well as for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The site also has a web shop where you could order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn't the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America - a product called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another great method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA is to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free world wide shipping. There is a handling fee for the very first item but handling and shipping costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are manufactured from an alcohol base which happens to be distilled with top-quality herbs for instance wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence which makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits that contains 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are also offered costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits produce 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really are a fantastic buy. Basically mix 20ml of essence with 730ml of Everclear or vodka now you've got your very own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is well known.
Essences are a great option to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to work with too.