Lucid Absinthe Superieure is the first real wormwood that contains Absinthe to become legalized in the US since the ban in 1912 so many people are needing to know where to buy Lucid Absinthe.
Lucid was developed by distiller Ted Breaux and Viridian Spirits for the US Absinthe market. In contrast to other fake Absinthes, that had been developed to be sold in the US, it has real grande wormwood wheretopurchaseabsinthe (Artemisia Absinthium) along with other classic Absinthe herbs. More information can be found at drinklucid.com but here are some facts about Lucid Absinthe Superieure:-
- It obtains its green color from whole herbs and not synthetic colors.
- It includes wormwood, sweet fennel, green anise and other classic Absinthe herbs.
- It was developed by Ted Breaux, a prominent Absinthe distiller, who used his familiarity with traditional Absinthe making techniques to make this historically correct vintage style Absinthe which satisfies US regulations.
- Lucid includes a full measure of grande wormwood much like pre ban Absinthes. It was a myth that Absinthe comprised immeasureable thujone - tests on vintage bottles demonstrated that they would all pass US laws (10mg/kg or under of thujone).
- Lucid contains 62% alcohol by volume.
- It is distilled in Saumur in France.
- Lucid carries a very distinctive black bottle with green cat's eyes influenced by a Montmartre cabaret show "Le Chat Noir" from 1881.
Where to buy Lucid Absinthe
According to the Lucid website it may be bought over the United States therefore you must be able to purchase it through your local liquor store. It is possible to look on the drinklucid website for stockists of Lucid by state, online stockists like Shoppers Vineyard and Crown Wine and Spirits, and then for bars and restaurants that serve Lucid. The web site also offers a web shop where one can order Lucid apparel.
Lucid isn't the only Absinthe to have been legalized in America - a brand name called Green Moon and Absinthes from Kubler have also been legalized.
Another excellent method of enjoying Absinthe in the USA would be to order Absinthe essences from AbsintheKit.com who offer free worldwide shipping. There exists a handling fee for the first item but shipping and handling costs nothing for extra products ordered.
The essences from AbsintheKit.com are made from an alcohol base that is distilled with top-quality herbs such as wormwood, aniseed and fennel. The essences are extremely economical, only $3.95 ($4.95 for the Strong 55) per 20ml essence that makes a 750ml bottle of Absinthe. Kits made up of 280ml of essence, a measure and bottle labels are offered also costing $29 ($39 for Strong 55). These kits make 14 bottles of Absinthe so they really make the perfect buy. Merely mix 20ml of essence together with 730ml of Everclear or vodka and you've got your own real Green Fairy, as Absinthe is well known.
Essences are a great substitute to searching for where to buy Lucid Absinthe and are generally fun to use too.